Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First Dream Post

I I have some fucked up dreams. Last night’s themes were: gross, violent, celebrity.I was in a bathroom at the airport-disgusting, damp, sticky type of dirty bathroom. It was full of photographers and other types of parasites because Prince Harry was taking a leak. I actually had the use the bathroom. My purse touched the floor-HORROR. I had to buy a new one. I wander a bit looking for a kiosk and eventually I’m in a mall(?) instead of replacing the soiled handbag I see a celebrity and realize she is with actors, not her real children. I get out of the conversation quickly, after staring into a curio cabinet full of unbuyables. Second dream, I get robbed twice, in the same place, by the same guy, he has a sawed off shotgun and I’m sitting in the backseat of someone’s car each time. I ask him if it’s alright to pick my wedgie before I get shot in the face. He says no, but your friend can pick it. I’m like UH…ALLRIIIGHHHT. I’m a fuckin weirdo. Also, most of the guys in my dreams have had beards.
(Dreamdoctor.com)

Bathroom

Common setting in dreams for feelings relating to shame and “release of private emotions.” If a dreamer searches for a toilet but can not find a private location (all the shower stalls are exposed, or strangers are present causing the dreamer to be uncomfortable) the dream may indicate fear of expressing one’s “private behaviors” in public. If the toilet area is filthy or flooded, with the toilet bowl backed up or otherwise not functioning, difficulty “eliminating” emotions-a blockage-is indicated. Does the dreamer try to “control” his or her emotions too much?

Dreams of searching for a bathroom to urinate may reflect actual pressures upon one’s bladder during sleep. Do you have to go when you wake up? Defecation dreams also are common in the aftermath of lover’s quarrels and other, intense arguments. Do you feel that someone has been “dumping all their crap” on you?

Urinating

 Dreams of urinating upon yourself in public (wet your pants) reflect feelings of shame and inadequacy.
(I have reacurring dreams of going to the bathroom because I drink tons of water. It really gets in the way of having real dreams.)

Purse

Because they hold our identification papers (driver’s license, social security card, student identification, etc.), money (cash, checkbooks, bank and credit cards), and beauty accessories (make-up, lipstick, personal hygiene items), purses in dreams are associated with feelings of identity, empowerment, and beauty. Dreams of losing one’s purse, accordingly, reflect feelings that one’s identity, power or beauty may be in peril. These dreams are common following a separation or divorce, or after losing a job or enduring a forced transition in one’s career. Purses also may symbolize a woman’s vagina—a location that “opens and closes” and which possesses special value.
(I was trying to replace my soiled purse, am I really trying to find a new vagina???)

Celebrity

Symbol of social status and attention. Dreams of friendly interaction with celebrities reflect feelings of increased social status, especially when a celebrity treats us “like an equal.” Attempts to contact a celebrity reflect needs for recognition, attention, and validation in our lives. If we experience difficulty reaching the celebrity, this may reflect unfulfilled desires for status and approval.


Gun

Symbol of aggression, anger, power and protection. If the gun fires properly, the dream suggests feelings of power and confidence. If the dreamer is attacking, he or she should be alerted to hostile or angry feelings towards the persons attacked. Being shot at indicates an emotional attack in waking life. If the gun will not fire, or if the bullets are ineffective, feelings of powerlessness are represented. Dreams of being surrounded by people who carry guns can reflect feelings that one is involved with a “dangerous crowd.” Dreams of guns should not be interpreted as precognitive.

Car

Common symbol of the self, “the direction we are headed in our lives.” A more immediate symbol than planes, trains and ships (which indicate larger concerns and transitions) due to its ubiquity in everyday living.

No comments:

Post a Comment